Course Outcomes and Benefits
Upon completion of the training it is expected that all staff will demonstrate:
- Understanding of the principles of basic first aid
- Better understanding of injury prevention and occupational health concepts.
- Increased awareness towards risks and hazards in the workplace and at home
- A responsible and accountable safe approach to self, and the community at large
- Apply first aid basic techniques such as: resuscitation, responding to a casualty with minor or severe bleeding, CPR and more.
Who is the course suitable for?
Training will be provided in accordance with the target group, class size and age group
Length of session: 1/2 - 1 day (depending on target group)
Topics to be covered:
–Basic life skills
–Spinal Injury: responding to a casualty with suspected
–Unconscious casualty: recognition of life threatening
–Bleeding: responding to a casualty with minor or severe
–Stabilization, evacuation and transportation
–Emergencies in public.