Your safety is our priority!
4x4 Wheel Drive: Off Road Training
Driving a four-wheel-drive (4WD) vehicle in a safe and effective manner requires a specific set of driving skills and techniques that need attention and practice to master. Incorrect use of off-road vehicles not only increases maintenance costs, but under certain road conditions can be life threatening. Driving vehicles, particularly 4x4s on unsealed roads is a skill, and should not be taken lightly.
ICRS has designed this two-day course aimed at giving drivers an understanding of how a 4x4 works so that they can drive it safely in difficult conditions, keeping themselves and their passengers' safe. This is a hands-on course that uses challenging situation awareness drills, driving exercises and performance evaluation to ensure that drivers are ready for the road.
This training is normally taken as a follow up to the ICRS Defensive Driving Course, focusing on the essentials of driving theory and proactive driving strategies imitating a range of driving scenarios and situations. You will learn skills that may save your life, but just as important, you will exercise and learn of situations that will change your attitude and approach to driving.
Theory and practice instruction on advanced braking, skidding, steering techniques, under steering and over steer and more!
- An awareness of how risk taking and motivation can affect your safety on the road
- How to identify skidding, skid prevention techniques and control
- How to identify different braking systems and how to use them effectively
- How speed can effect stopping distances
- Vehicle dynamics
- How to apply advanced driving techniques
Who is the course suitable for?
The course is suitable for all drivers using all types of vehicles but emphasis will be given for professional drivers who face changing driving environments and conditions, and who wish to pursue higher training levels of driving. Among target groups are corporations and companies / government / diplomatic corps / mining & gas companies / public groups / professional drivers / individuals.
Duration: 2 days
Course outlines includes:
- Speeding effects on car maneuvers
- Weight transfer and suspension performance
- Advanced braking techniques and corner breaking
- Cornering techniques and driving vision
- Advanced steering techniques identification and correction techniques
- Split surface braking
- Tire performance
- ABS / ESP and other electronic driving aidsAdditional information:
- Course participants will receive from ICRS:
Language: English with translation to local language
By the end of the training, participants will receive:
- Course participation certificate by ICRS
- Training materials
- Driver safety kit